"By all means marry: if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher." ~Socrates
SIGN UP BELOW
We originally had Texting Base tied into your personal cellular phone because it SEEMED like a good idea. It turned out to be a terrible idea. Why? Personalized mass communication means you can get overwhelmed with responses very easily.
We want you to love our product; not have our product be a source of aggravation.
So yes, you need to pick a new number, and we promise you will be glad you did. Here are some of the benefits:
Texting Base sends texts out from your new number and they come back in to Texting Base when people respond. If your customers call your new number, it rings to your cell phone by default, or it can be pointed to ring to any number you choose.
Back to the benefits:
1) YOUR SANITY: Texting Base is a mass communication product. When every text comes back to your phone, it can become extremely annoying. I’m the CEO and I didn’t like it when my family time consisted of incessant buzzing from the group text responses.
2) YOUR BUSINESS: Keeping your group communication separate from your personal phone will allow you to keep work from overtaking your life.
3) YOUR CONVENIENCE: Managing large numbers of responses is a lot more efficient in Texting Base than it is on your phone. Don’t suffer trying to keep up with an onslaught of messages…go online!
4) YOUR EFFICIENCY: Rather than getting hundreds or thousands of responses, you get summary texts every 30 minutes if and only if you have new messages.
5) YOUR BATTERY: Receiving hundreds or thousands of text responses kills your phone battery. No one who relies on their phone likes their battery to be an issue.
6) YOUR ACCESS: You have access to Texting Base and your messages anywhere you have a computer and an Internet connection, so you don’t miss your chance to respond quickly.
7) YOUR DATA: Your texts are stored safely online and not in your phone. Now if you drop your phone in the bathroom and it’s ruined, all of your important business texts are still available.
8) YOUR CONTINGENCY PLAN: Now if your phone does go on the fritz, you can notify everyone of importance and not miss important communications from that client who’s worth so much to you!
9) YOUR BRANDING: You can pick area codes, spell words, pick vanity 800#’s for texting or just pick a new number.
10) WHO CARES?: Your friends, family and contacts care about you. None of them are as attached to your number as you are. Once they’ve added your new number into their cell phones, your name is the only thing that appears when you text or call.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Eric Beans is CEO of Texting Base, Inc., out of Orlando, Florida. Texting Base is a cloud-based software that adds efficiency and power to business texting communications. Combining the efficiency of a “mass text” and the effectiveness of a personal text message, Texting Base uses patent pending software to allow businesses to build relationships with their customers like never before. Prior to Texting Base, Eric Beans owned Premier Mortgage Capital, Inc., a nationwide state charted mortgage company and helped to start TechSpan, a global IT consulting company.
Texting Base does not offer legal advice-please consult an attorney before starting to text for business purposes.